It is hard to think that summer is almost over already! We have had a jam packed summer filled with fun things including trips to the zoo, beach, play dates, and parks! Audrey just celebrated her 8th birthday this past week- It's crazy to think I have been a mother for 8 years now! It has certainly been an adventure!
Ok- so in other news- looks like the cupcakes class in PA isn't going to happen :( But it's ok- I have so much going on anyways and God knew that! I am now the co-coordinator for my MOPS group this year as well as care and concern coordinator. I will have my hands full! on top of that we are really starting the cake/cupcake business. Eric is working on the design of our website right now so we'll see what happens with that! I will be teaching another class for the village of Minooka in October- and I love doing that- it's always so much fun!
But back to MOPS- do you know what MOPS is? I believe so many people think it's just for moms to socialize, but they are so very wrong! Mops is an outreach ministry! There are so many moms out there in this world doing it alone- and with being a part of MOPS you get to do mothering together! It's so awesome to see moms who don't know the Lord at the beginning of the year grow in their new faith by the end of April! We have encouraging speakers who moms can relate to and who talk on subjects moms need wisdom in! It is an amazing way to build community with other moms so you can do life together- what an awesome privilage it is to have moms who know exactly what you're going through or have been through it before and are there to give you wisdom and guidance.
here is what the MOPS website says "MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers. MOPS International exists to meet the needs of every mom - urban, suburban and rural moms, stay-at-home and working moms, teen, single and married moms - moms with different lifestyles who all share a similar desire to be the very best moms they can be! MOPS recognizes that the years from infancy through kindergarten are foundational in a mother-child relationship and are filled with unique needs."
Just wanted to make sure everyone know what MOPS is about since it is starting soon and there are groups EVERYWHERE! So look up one in your area! www.mops.org
No comments:
Post a Comment