Monday, September 26, 2011

little reminders

Talk about an emotional roller coaster of a week. I don't think anything really even happened to make it emotional- it was probably just me. There were days where I didn't want to get out of bed b/c I just felt down- I was in a valley I suppose. Overwhelmed with homeschooling, keeping up with the house, meal planning, cooking, and on top of it all the process of international adoption.

For those who have not done international adoption- you can't possibly understand, but you can totally empathize. My dear friend Cindy told me at the beginning of this process that there will be days that you just want to totally give up. This process is stinking hard! Probably a lot harder then it has to be. It's a hurry up and wait type process. It's a faith building process. It's a trust process. Adoption is the hardest thing ever- and from what I have heard- the most rewarding. I'm waiting on the reward- ;) He'll be here soon though!

This last week we had a wonderful meeting with 2 of our pastors- our head pastor and our worship pastor. It was refreshing. It was needed. God is answering prayers- sometimes we just need to allow Him to reveal that to us. It was so nice to have some time in prayer with our pastors covering us and our adoption.

Today I am out of the valley- I'm feeling great. This comes after a week of being overwhelmed and exhausted. The kids listened well and did great with their homeschooling today, the kitchen is cleaned up, laundry is being done, and I'm starting to catch up on the house. I have to remember to take it a day at a time. We all have to remember to take it a day at a time. God gives us new Mercies every day- which means we have enough for THAT day! I need to focus on one day at a time and remind myself often that I have Gods mercy for the day at hand. Anyone else struggle with this? I know I can't be alone in this- LOL I know it's only Monday, but I also know that I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. So I will make it through this week- better yet- I will triumph through this week. I am going to pay special attention to the little things God gives me each day instead of the troubles. The little things like a hug out of no where from one of my sweet little people, or a bag of chocolate my hubby brings home for me (he did that last week!) or a text from a friend saying she's praying for me. Those are my little gifts and reminders from God that I am loved. I hope you'll look for those little reminders this week too- let me know what He shows you!!!

Loves!!!

1 comment:

  1. Nicole,
    Sounds like we had the same week! Oh how I've been struggling. But today after some honest talk with my church family, time of praying for us and rallying around us I feel so much better. I think the day at a time thing is SO important in this journey. I keep letting myself get overwhelmed by steps that I'm not even too yet. One things at a time...and for me it's also asking the Holy Spirit to help me be truly greatful for all the blessings that are coming each day even if they are not the ones I am hoping for. Be blessed!
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete