Monday, February 18, 2013

Guardian Angels

Earlier today I had a converstaion with my amazing 10 year old daughter.  She told me about a dream she had last night, a dream about how she helped people she didn't even know.  She collected shoes, jackets, socks, and money, all to help people she didn't know.  She remembers seeing kids smiling as they recieved shoes for the first time, and she knew that she helped do that.  So we brainstormed about what we can do to make this dream happen.  She has had this passion for helping the homeless for years now.  In 2010 Audrey did a fundraiser garage sale to raise money for the homeless.  I love that she has this passion, as it is also a huge passion that God placed in me when I was her age.  I remember going downtown and helping to feed the homeless with my church at the time.  I remember the face of this sweet little baby and the story of the mom and how she lived in the basement of an abandoned church b/c her husband had left her, and now she was homeless.  She had 4 children.  It was winter in Chicagoland, and this meal that we brought would likely be the only hot meal she and her children ate that week.  I pray for them all the time still.  I do not know their names, but God does.  And now, my daughter and I will embark on a journey to help more people.  Helping people less fortunate then herself  will change her life. She will also be going with me to Eastern Europe either in the fall or next spring (depending on finances) to work with the orphans over there.  But for now, here's the story:

Audrey knows her not for profit will be called "Guardian Angels", b/c most of these people she will help, we will never see, just like we don't see our guardian angels.  Her and her two sisters will be designing the logo.  In fact, as I am typing this A and her two sisters are in their room, sipping coffee (yes- they are between 10-6 years old LOL), and planning ways to fundraise.  They have already decided on plan #1.  And they know where the money is going as well.  To Feed my starving children.  All 3 girls, and myself will be doing a mobile pack at our church this spring.  To do this our church has to come up with part of the $25,000 it is to do this mobile pack.  A wants to help with that.  So here is her idea.  We will be doing a custom order bake sale from now until April 15th.  We will be taking orders for cookies (chocolate chip, sugar, and peanut butter blossoms and magic cookie bars) cupcakes (chocolate, pink champagne, vanillla and almond) and candies (truffles and fudge) and the profit from all of it will go straight to Feed my starving children.  Prices will be as follows:

cupcakes- $15 a dozen  or $25 for 2 dozen (pink champagne is $20 a dozen or $30 for 2 dozen as the champagne is $13 a bottle). This does not include boxing which is an additional $2 since I have to buy the boxes, or you may bring your own carrier.

Cookies- $15 for 2 dozen cookies.

Candies- truffles are $2 each and fudge is $8/lb.

We need 3 days advance notice to fulfill your order. 


We can only ship the fudge and cookies. So if you're local or part of our church, would you consider supporting my sweet A as she puts her efforts into baking to help raise money for Feed my starving children?  Our goal is $250 profit by April.  Thanks so much and spread the word! 













No comments:

Post a Comment