So when i first met my husband our first dance (we met at a barn dance- I'll expand on this later if you really want to know...) the song that was playing was I don't want to miss a thing by Aerosmith. But the first time I SAW him- at that same barn dance the song was "baby don't hurt me." Remember this one? LOL
When i was diagnosed with cancer god gave me two different songs that got me through- Here's the videos to those-
and
Here's a GREAT one- when we were in Ukraine for our adoption of Pasha we heard this
"amazing" song a few times. I laugh every time I play it now.
Now that i have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia I have a few more songs that are keeping me focused on God and not the pain. Some you've prob never heard.
So that's all i have for you today. Got so much to do today and my oldest has her first piano lesson today. Gotta get something accomplished while Pasha naps- otherwise i can forget getting anything done! Sorry if this is a boring post, but these are some songs that trigger a memory each time I listen to them. Good memories of Gods faithfulness, His provision and His constant care.
Hi Nicole,
ReplyDeleteYou don't know me, but I commented once a couple months back, on how much I was enjoying your realistic writing regarding your adoption experience. We will, God willing, be following the same route one day.
I just wanted to say that I sincerely hope things are going OK, given your recent fibromyalgia dx. I know from nursing school what a difficult condition that is to cope with. Did you have your thyroid levels checked? Maybe it is a reaction/flare-up from the effects of the past several months of what I'm sure great stress and vivid emotions, going through the international adoption and adjustment process. Hopefully the body issues will adjust as everything adjusts back to the 'new normal' at home. :)
Take good care, and sending your wishes of strength (and rest!)
Kind regards,
Kate
P.S. And I forgot to add, that yes, I too am a huge believer in the healing power of music!!! That is so true. :)
ReplyDeleteHey Kate- it's not related to my thyroid that i know of- they monitor that pretty closely due to me having thyroid cancer a few years ago. Thank you so much for your prayers and love!! Waiting to read the news that God has showed your your child to adopt- ;)
ReplyDelete