Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A better update

Hey friends!!! So I actually have 10 whole minutes to write a real update! LOL Here's whats been going down in the Bittermann household!

We're back on schedule after a week of dossier craziness. Back to our schooling schedule, and resuming normal life- as normal as it can be anyways ;)

Our dossier landed in our country this past Monday. We have not heard anything from our facillitator which I am told is a good thing- that means all our documents are good to go! They are probably being translated now to be submitted! I can't wait to type the words "We're submitted!" as the title of the blog!!

I have been able to sit down with my amazing friend Cindy- who has adopted twice from our country in the last year and a half. She went over all of the expenses with me- how to exchange money, how to keep track of everything, etc etc. She gave me a backpack to borrow for traveling and went over stuff to bring with- like little packages of tissues cause they don't have toilet paper?? WHAT! LOL I know! Thank God someone told me that in advance!

I am blessed to have so many people in my life who have traveled this road before me and are willing to let me glean their wisdom from where to eat, where to shop, what not to do... I hope to be a blessing to others following after me in the same way! Thank you to all my friends who have shared all their experiences and wisdom with us! It's such a HUGE blessing!

Now for what we need prayer for:
- please pray that we get to travel and complete our adoption before the Christmas holiday- I really don't want to miss Christmas with my kids- it would be really hard on us and them. Plus it would be really nice to have our whole family present in the US of A for Christmas. We would also like this to be done before the end of the year for tax purposes- we have to take our loans and credit card debt to complete this adoption unless more money gets donated along the next few months (praying that's what happens!!!) and we would use the tax return to pay off that debt- we'd rather not incur interest for a full year.

- please pray for finances! We have about 10K left to go and I know that is nothing to God, and I trust Him completely that He led us to this child and He will provide. I can't wait to see how it happens- no really- I'm not that patient- I'd like to know now in advance how it's going to happen. I know I know- how would that help build my patience and trust if it was just handed to me right? I know- I'll wait!

- please pray about Erics work that they will be flexable and understanding when it comes to traveling. They already said he'd have to remote in from the other side of the country!

Ok- quickly- I had to stop typing in the middle of this blogging to take a call from Lifesong- how amazing that as I was typing out our prayer requests that I got a call from them telling me we are moving onto the next stage of the process!!! Soo cool! Thanks Lord for that!!

Ok gotta go get my little man from Pre-K! I'll update more later if I can!!

1 comment:

  1. So excited. We are literally right behind you a few weeks!!! How much did it cost to send the Dossier? How long did it take? Who did you use!!!

    ReplyDelete