Saturday, December 4, 2010

Another boy??

SOOOO... I have news to share- here's the backstory. God gave me a heart for children- I love children, I love having children, I love being a mom. It's my passion. Wouldn't trade my kids for anything on the planet- no matter how crazy some days get. I would LOVE to have another baby, however with having cancer a few years ago- my body is done having babies- not bc I had cancer, but b/c my hormone levels are so up and down that I could have problems with carrying a baby to term. Anyways- I have wanted to adopt for the last year or so, but my husband has not been on the same page as me. Audrey would LOVE to adopt as well- she has been asking for years- seriously- she has REALLY been asking if we can adopt. Anyways- I am not partnered with an organization called Project hopeful- and they serve as a voice for orphans who are HIV+. I have been talking more and more with Eric about adoption and he shuts it down- so I decided to give it to God- if His plan was for us to adopt- Erics heart would be changed. Well- God has been faithful yet again- big surprise huh? (That is sarcastic for those of you who don't know me well). Eric told me this morning that he would also like to adopt a child- after all God adopted us into His family! That is so exciting for me!! I feel like this is God's confirmation to me. Now we are dealing with these different things which I would love you join in prayer for- do we adopt domestically? Adopt foreign? HIV+ or not? Age? So many different things running through my mind. So pray God makes it clear to us the child that is currently missing from his home- so we can bring him home. This is quite the long process and a lot has to happen, but it's so awesome to know that one day- we will (God willing) have our second boy. That is something I am sure of- as we have a girls room and a boys room- and right now only one boy in that boys room!! So thanks for your prayers!
Lots of love!!

1 comment:

  1. That is just super exciting! I feel I am on the same page as you only I am still on praying for my husband part. :) would also love to have another boy for my boy! they say there are way more boys to adopt than girls. Our pastor and his wife are about to adopt 2 little boys from uganda. we are thrilled for them! anyways, will keep you in prayer during a possible new journey!

    ReplyDelete