Wednesday, December 15, 2010

medical drama

So I am writting this from the hospital- fun fun!! My little Audrey has been sick for some time now- she was in the ER Sun and then we brought her in again yesterday due to a high fever and stomach pain. The first diagnosis we go was that she had appendicitis and was going to have it out. Audrey was not thrilled with that solution- and neither was mom or dad. After a whole lot of prayer the surgeon came in- I requested the same Dr that did my appendix a month ago. He pressed on her belly and she was fine- he looked at the cat scan and said he didn't think she had appendicitis, but b/c she was so dehydrated and had a high fever he wanted to watch her so we were admitted. She spiked a high fever again last night- 103. So with ruling out appendicitis it is looking like she has a pretty bad kidney infection. So she has had 2 doses of strong antibiotics and is seeming like she's now on the upswing! After not eating for 4 full days- she is currently as I type snacking on some fruit, jello and choc ice cream! Looks like we will be able to go home tomorrow- which is awesome cause after 2 longs days and 2 nights in the hospital- this mommy is exhausted and can't wait to be home in my own bed! Please pray that she is fully recovered so we can leave tomorrow! Thanks friends!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Nicole, I can only imagine the fear running through you during this time. A sick child is so hard to deal with when it's major. so glad she didn't need surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole,
    So sorry to hear about little Audrey. Yes, little to me since I took care of her when she was in the nursery. LOL
    So excited to hear your news of God changing Eric's heart towards adopton. He did the same thing for Tim. They must just feel the pressure as dad's, but when they want what God wants they eventually get it!!!
    Yes, I too misplaced your business card the night I saw you. Please email me @ allent06@yahoo.com and we can talk about adoption. Can't wait for you to experience miracles everyday when you step out in obedience to God's Word and adopt!!!!!!!!!!! Love You, Guys

    ReplyDelete