This week has been a lot of ups and downs over here. Last Thursday (Thanksgiving) we were told it was very likely we would get a travel date on Monday- I hardly slept Sunday night due to the anticipation of Monday morning. Monday morning came and went with no travel date- so we heard- hopefully tomorrow! Tuesday came and went with again no travel dates issued- so we were told Wednesday! Again a night of restless sleep in anticipation!! 60 appointments were being issued- there were 7 of us families excitingly waiting to hear what our travel date would be this morning. So 7AM was here- I checked- nothing. No travel date was issued for us. I would be lying if I said my heart didn't break. I have been praying that God would grant us a date around the 13th or 14th, but alas that prayer went unanswered. Now I'm not doubting God- His timing is perfect, but that doesn't seem to take away the sting. I feel like I keep getting hopeful and then BAM our hopes are dashed. It is really dis-heartening. But maybe God is waiting till we're fully funded? Maybe he's waiting to allow someone to get involved? I don't know. Right now they will be issuing dates again either Friday or Monday for dates between the 22nd-29th. I REALLY don't want to miss Christmas- not just b/c of my kids here, but for other reasons as well. At the same time I don't want my Pasha to have to wait one more day to have a mom and dad. I'm SO conflicted! I hope we get a date for after Christmas otherwise we will prob wait till Jan to travel. Please pray for us with all the decisions we have ahead of us.
So anyways- the reason I came on here to blog was b/c my amazing friend Amber asked me to update with the needs we have left. I love her amazing heart and her willingness and desire to do all in her power to help us. We are SO blessed!!! SOOO blessed!! Here's the best thing- Amber is not someone I see often. She is not someone I have been best friends for 10+ years. She is someone Eric was friends with in high school and who I had met ONCE before we became friends on FB about a year ago. I think in the last year and a half I have seen her maybe 10 times? Yet she is faithful and diligent to helping us and helping bring Pasha home. She is now Pasha's Auntie Amber. It is AMAZING what happens when someone allows God to use them- we have developed a great friendship and she has been touched to the core by this adoption and what God is doing. Amber would be able to expand more on what God has done in her life and her families during this process so I won't put words in her mouth- I'll ask her to guest blog instead ;) So the next blog you read on here will be from her. (I hope!) So Amber asked me of our needs right now- here they are
- We need $3,000 more to be FULLY funded!
- If you happen to have frequent flyer miles that you won't use and would like to donate- that would help a ton! We have a total of 4 flights to do at around $400/$500 per person per flight. So any miles that we could use to bring that price down would be amazing
- Prayer- I have been facing some health issues- a lot of migraines and general not feeling well. I was in physical therapy for my neck as I have neck issues causing a lot of the headaches, but I had to stop as it was costing a lot of money. So please be praying for healing. I am planning on doing gerson therapy (juicing) in hopes that it will help and detox my body this weekend. I am just desperate for relief at this point! Also pray for safe travels, our children to do well while we're gone, and our parents to have a lot of energy and patience to be able to handle the kids while we're gone! LOL
Also please pray for Pasha and his adjustment into a family. Some kids adapt well, some kids act out, some kids have severe attachment issues. So please pray that there are little to no attachment issues with our son- that he adapts well to the new foods, siblings, and love that he's NEVER known. It will all be very overwhelming for him so please pray for peace for him and us.
That's all I can think of- I have 2 friends who have been saving up clothes for Pasha so I think we'll be ok on that end.
OK well I guess that's all for now- I love each of you and know that everyone of you are playing a HUGE role in changing a childs life forever- whether it's financial support, prayer, meals- you're all making a difference.
There is definitely a reason why God hasn't gotten the date to you yet. I firmly believe our fates are planned well in advance... there's a good reason why you have to wait. I know it's disappointing for now while you're in the dark, I feel disappointed too when I see the latest updates... but I know that it's because God has a plan for you and your family. Maybe it is so you can get fully funded! Or, maybe maybe it has something to do with an event that's supposed to occur 10 years from now. You're going to hear something soon, so try not to fret too much!! You know how the saying goes, a watched pot never boils. :-)
ReplyDeleteKeeping you in my prayers as always, my friend!