Sunday, December 4, 2011

We choose to STAND-UP! :)

Hi! Let me introduced myself. My name is Amber. Nicole asked me if I would guest blog about how God has affected me in their adoption, I have never done this before, but here it goes!

A while back, Nicole let me know that she and Eric were adopting. I basically responded something to the effect of, “Congratulations! That’s great! I’ll keep you in prayer”. Later that night, after I put my kids to bed, I remembered that I said I would pray for them…and I did. I can’t tell you what I spoke to God about in that prayer…BUT, I can tell you what happened after that! I could not get Pasha off my mind! I really did feel like it was God’s way of keeping me accountable to pray for Pasha and over this adoption.

Now that I reflect back on it, I had a choice at the moment I felt like God was nudging me to do more than just pray once for Pasha. I could have ignored HIM... I’m glad I didn’t. It would have been a huge mistake!

I really felt “whispers from God”! I felt like He was asking me to help BE His church (His hands and His feet) allow Him to move through me so His work could be done to bring Pasha home. Now, I know that might sound like a bit much, but it’s not, and I’ll tell you why. I know, without a shadow of a doubt, He asks this of ALL his children! I am just a regular woman with an extraordinary God! I also know it is harder for my extraordinary God to be seen when His people are not willing to STAND-UP for Him, (and this ordinary woman chooses to STAND-UP) I mean, what a missed opportunity that would have been!

Speaking of opportunity… Because I got involved I have been able to share the message of adoption, share and see God’s precise timing in this adoption, and share with my friends and family how we are adopted in to God’s family. My family even got involved! My hubby would wear the Bittermann’s adoption shirt and my children began to DILIGENTLY pray for Pasha, and they chose a few more orphans who they pray for EVERY day (so if Owen or Cole's parents read this, we don't know you but we prayed for you)! Then, my daughter, Lilly (8 years old), asked me if she could do a fundraiser for Pasha. She was learning how to be of service, and it was coming straight from her heart! She wanted to have a lemonade stand…I had to break it to her, “darling- we live in a cul-de-sac, I think you need a plan B”. Several months passed by, and she was able to pass out a flyer at her school for a hair-flair fundraiser she was about to host with the help of Nicole and myself. She was able to raise $790.02 in just a few short windy-day hours!

So, that brings me to my next encouraging thought! Let’s BE the change Pasha NEEDS! YOU are needed and wanted to help! I promise you that you will only be changed for the better. The thought of knowing Pasha is closer to being wrapped in his parent’s arms or greeted by his brother and sisters should FILL you with crazy amounts of joy! This is really only the tip of the iceberg, in regards to how this story has impacted my life in the most amazing ways. Please help bring Pasha home and show the Bittermann’s and Pasha some amazing love! You could help by holding a fundraiser (they are easy if you keep them simple)! You can donate (please consider this), SPREAD THE WORD! If you know someone with frequent flyer miles, would you consider asking them to donate or if you do…would you consider donating them to the Bittermann’s? And most importantly pray. Prayer was the starting point of how God wanted me to help, even if it is a small roll, it has led to the most fantastic opportunities!!! Thank you to all my family and friends who choose to STAND-UP with me. Thank you for listening as I told you what was happening in Pasha's adoption. Thank you for re-posting these blogs! Thank you Nicole and Eric for allowing me the opportunity to support you on your journey! It is my prayer that this money is fully funded and lives are changed through this adoption!

Blessings!

~Amber

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amber! Owen's mom here. :-)

    This is a really thoughtful blog post, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I can tell you are genuinely passionate about helping Pasha and the Bittermanns, and about adoption generally as God's work! How lucky they are to have you and your daughter as such strong supporters... there is nothing easy at all about this, so that you've been there for them as friends, prayed for them, helped them fundraise, is tremendous.

    Thank you so much for your prayers for our little Owen, and for Cole, and for Pasha. It means a great deal to us as we push forward in our journeys! I pray for these children and our families every day (more like almost every waking moment of my life!) and I cannot tell you how much it touches and comforts me that there are others in the world, people I don't know personally, who care so much to pray for us too. Thank you so very much and God bless you!

    - Vera

    ReplyDelete