Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Just life!

Life has been crazy busy around here. Lots of cleaning to get ready for the homestudy (wish I would have listened to all my friends who said not to freak out about it!), finishing up the school year, de-cluttering, paper chasing, etc etc. I am pretty sure everyone elses life is similar! LOL It is if you have a large family anyways!

Nothing really all that exciting to share... well exciting for us anyways! My sweet friend Cindy and her husband Tim got their court date!!! SO EXCITING!!! They have A LOT of $$ left to raise though! So go and read about their journey and if (when) the Lord leads donate!

Oh! We are toying with the idea of a new fundraiser! We really have a long way to go to bring this sweet boy home. We know God is faithful and we know He will provide, but He also gave us hands and feet and we will work to bring our baby here with us!

So... here's the idea- we're hoping to do this in July as it will take that long to plan and get the donations!! Ready for it?? The amazing adoption race! One of the amazing moms on the Reeces forum posted the idea and so I did some research on it. I got a TON of great ideas and we're hoping this is HUGE!!! Here's my thinking so far- $50 registration fee for teams of 2, there will be at least 8-10 challenges, grand prize will be 2 ipads- one for each team member!! They will be asked to fundraise in advance- if the team gets $500 in donations they get their reg fee back, if they raise $1,000 they get a 5 min head start, if they raise $2,000 they get a free pass card and can decide to skip a challenge if they get there and don't wait to do it. I'm trying to get some corporate sponsors involved and use their locations as check points and challenge points. I have a lot of foot work left to do as well as getting volunteers and such like that. Any ideas you have to share? Challenges you think would be good for this? If so let me know!!!

And PRAY!!! Pray for our Pasha, pray for his buddy Cole that someone would step up for him, pray for our finances for the adoption, and for the upcoming fundrasier!! And please spread the word!

How can we be praying for YOU??!! Let us know!! Love all of you!!!

Now off to Michaels to get boxes for this weekends cupcake and cake order and to get supplies for Auds school project!!! Have I mentioned before that I run a bakery in the midst of all this chaos? I do- here out of the house!! It's called BitterSweet Cakes and Candies. I'll post pics later- or find me on facebook!!!

4 comments:

  1. WOOHOO!!! This may be the summer of the Amazing Adoption Race. I am trying to put things together since we now have the ability to share with our congregation about our events.:)

    Prayers for us, please pray if it is the Lords will that we will raise before our Little Ones upcoming birthday in June what we still need of our initial funds to get this puppy rolling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like lots of fun and lots of fundraising potential! By the way, have you checked out the My Family Found Me page on RR lately? Just sayin' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHUT UP!!!!! Oh my goodness I am sooooo BEYOND excited Tori!!! I screamed when I read the news!!! You know we will have to have the boys skype each other once they're all home right?! GIRL!!! I am just SOOOOOO excited!! I have a smile plastered to my face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole,
    I meant to tell you that I also have some amazing race clip art that our friends who have done these scavenger hunts have used. They are form the actual show, so the theme can tie together. I can send you the doc. if you want. Just let me know.
    ~Amy
    sweetiepetey3atgmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete