My God is so faithful! I mean really- do you ever just sit there wondering how a need is going to get met and then God just comes in and blows it out of the water? Here is my story of what has happened this week- a short version! LOL
So as most of you know- our HUGE (or what was supposed to be HUGE) fundraiser was yesterday. We were hoping for 100 people- that would bring in $2500 which would be close to what we need to cover our home study that is due May 13th.
Here's how the story begins- I have been trying to get service providers for weeks to volunteer to do the pampering services such as massages, manicures, pedicures, facials, hair trims, etc. At first it was going well- I was getting quite a few volunteers- as time got closer however people started dropping like flies. Only 2 of my original service providers were still going to participate!!! This was like a week before the event!!! WHAT?!?!?!
So I started to get stressed- I am not an easily stressed person, but I started to FREAK out!!! Then my mom said she'd do manicures, my friend Marcy said she would help do pedicures, my friend found a Mary Kay lady to volunteer for facials, my close friends and family stepped up when everyone else started to step down. It was amazing and I am soooo thankful for them!
So fast forward to yesterday- we are there setting up- 10AM hits which is the time it was supposed to start- a few people start coming in. Between 10AM-1PM we had 11 people come to get pampered. 11 people!!!!! I hadn't even looked at the money b/c I didn't want to be discouraged. We did the raffles and handed out the prizes. It was time to clean up- most of the people had left except for the volunteers so I snuck into the kitchen to count the money- my first figure i got was $750!!!! From 11 people!!! But wait- it gets better!!! I get home and have Eric count it- He gets $926!!! My MIL counts it, and re-counts, and re-counts and it's $951!!! From 11 people and probably some from my volunteers as well cause they're amazing like that! So out of a total of 20 people- God proved $951! This was amazing to me, but at the same time discouraging. If God could do that with 20 people- how much more could have been raised had we been allowed to make an announcement at church about it? With a congregation of 700-800 people- how much more successful could that have been!(now I am not saying this out of judgement but of fact- our church does not allow announcements of fundraisers if it's not an "official" ministry of the church- I'm not hating- just stating cause it's important to the story)
But that mountain of not being able to publicize our event was shattered today at Sunday service. We were trying to sell T shirts today- We paid $800 out of pocket to buy them- and have only recouped about $450 of that money. We thought we would get more of a response from people than we did- bummer. So again- after selling only 6 shirts this AM- we were a bit discouraged. Eric ran back into the building to find someone who said they wanted shirts- but they had left. But he ran into someone else. Someone we don't know very well and someone who was just visiting our church this AM. This family has been wonderfully supportive of our adoption in prayer and sent us a financial contribution before. We have been looking forward to spending more time with this wonderful couple, but have not been able to do so as of yet. Anyways.... He says I have something for you- Eric shakes this mans hand and he says to Eric- The spirit said to give whatever I have with me- I didn't know what it was for but then when I heard the Pastor say about you being in the back of the church and if people wanted to help with the adoption I knew it was for you. He put the money into Erics hand- he tried to refuse it saying you've already donated, but the man insists. Eric comes to the car and says "are you ready to cry?" He takes out the money and thinks it's a few 20's maybe. The outside bill is a $100 bill!! But not 1 $100 bill- 20 of them!!! $2,000!!!!! What we were lacking from yesterday- God gave us today!!! How absolutely amazing is that?!! I mean I have goose bumps typing this!!!
God just steps in when you are being faithful to what He is calling you to do! When you are in the center of Gods will- He will provide!! So if you are out there wondering how you're going to fund your adoption- know that where God guides HE provides!!! No man can stand in the way of what God wants you to do! Don't be discouraged if your church says they won't help you out (I hear this is quite common- which I have opinions on, but won't go there.... not now anyways ;) God has your back- God knows your need and He won't leave these children fatherless when He knows there are those of us who are willing to open our hearts and homes to these wonderful blessings!!!
Love to all of you!!!
Leave me your comments!! what are your thoughts, financial struggles, how can I be praying for you this week?!?!
ReplyDeleteNicole, you and my brother are such amazing people! Mom's told me bits and pieces of what you two are getting into regarding Pasha, the adoption, fundraisers and that, but I just recently dove into everything I could find to catch on what you guys were up to. I am simply amazed, and have since begun spreading the word to everyone I see! Adoption is such a beautiful and selfless act, and I'm constantly praying for all of you that God's will is manifested and Pasha comes home to everyone!]. I'll help in any way that I can; if you need something from me or think of anything I could be useful in, just let me know and I would be thrilled to help out!
ReplyDeleteIt floors me how you're working so hard on this, putting all your effort, heart and soul into seeking out God's will for this child, and yet throughout all of it you STILL offer your help, kindness, compassion & prayers to those who are in need. You and Eric are a truly marvelous example of God's work and a brilliant light to everyone who sees you! Praying always, love you all!
-Christina
Nicole, what a beautiful encouragement! Thank you! We too are not getting any help from our church because of the benevolence rules in our constitution and so far our requests to share our story are also not being allowed. I was at first discouraged but then God reminded me through a book that "no man can prevent the will of God in your life." So we are waiting in patient(well mostly patient) hope and trust. This week we are going to host a garage sale fundraiser. We've had great donations, now praying for a good turn out...and for God to meet our need, he knows what it is. :)
ReplyDeleteTried to write you back Petersons, but it won't let me access your blog- thank you! Praying for you guys with this fundraiser! God WILL meet your needs when it's His will!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your kind words Christie! Prayer is so much appreciated! It's wonderful to have our family behind us!
wow! Amazing, God does equip the called...not calls the equipped (stole that from my wife who stole it from someone)! Be prepared for this to happen during the entire adoption process! We started out thinking we would be able to fund ours with some upcoming jobs I had bid on...all of which got postponed, but every deadline we had...God provided! Just like your story, we to had a $2000 donation given at church but by an anonymous donor on a day we were not allowed to speak and just days before needing that exact amount. We are learning to be more faithful as we see how faithful God is to us!
ReplyDeleteThat is just BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I LOVE that the man said he was specifically moved by the Spirit.
ReplyDeleteOur family will be praying for you all!!
Aislinn
Praise God! While we do need to "Ora et labora" (pray and work), God also wants us to know that HE is in charge!!
ReplyDeleteMy sister's cleaning lay gave us $500!!
Seriously, this "trust only in God" thing is HARD but SO worth it!!
Carla
www.bringinghenryhome.blogspot.com
Crying in awe. Praise God!
ReplyDeleteJoy,RR
Love this and praising God for His work!!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Leslie
Hmmm, I don't know what's up with our blog. Here is our address, maybe a new "link" will help. If not let me know. I'm Amy btw. :)
ReplyDeletehttp://theleastofthesematthew2540.blogspot.com/
So blessed to read your testimony to God's faithfulness. He is a father to the fatherless and as He says, He owns the cattle on a thousand hills, the earth and everything in it belong to Him. We call him Abba, daddy, our heavenly Father, so your family and Dillon are already related so to speak!! Your heavenly Father knows what you need and as He tells us in Mattew Ch.6, to seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things (needs) will be given to you as well. So blessed to read how he rewards faithfulness and trust. Keep trusting!!! Love you all and what you are doing so much!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteNicole, this just completely brought me to tears! God really does move in amazing ways, and He blesses those who follow His call. Blessings to you and to those who give!
ReplyDeleteOur "big" fundraiser is one week from today, and I have to admit, I'm terrified of failure. Your story reminds me that I need to allow Him to write the story, not us, and He will provide.
Sarah
http://alongtheroadadoption.blogspot.com