Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Dossier!! YEA!!!!

So I was going through all my documents today (you guys know how that goes!!) Going over it again and again and I think we have everything with the exception of our 171H! But we're filing our I600A hopefully next week so we should have that soon too- prayerfully!! Praying it goes through really fast! Now the only thing standing in our way is money.

I hate money.

We've raised about $7,000- and that has paid for commitment fees (1,305), Tshirts ($800- and we're still selling them!!! PLEASE buy some!!!), passports (like $450), Homestudy application fee ($300), Homestudy ($2800), a ton of document fees for state police clearances, birth certs, Dr's appts, etc. and our I600A ($950). That leaves us with about $200 left in the savings.

Here's whats coming up- cause I get asked this alot:

Plane tickets- about $1700 or more to get there
Facilitator fees in country- 9,000 (we give them this when we get there)
lodging/food fees in country- maybe like $1500??
Pasha's visa and medical exam while we're there- $400??

And I have no idea what else. This is off the top of my head. So if you have any GREAT fundraising ideas will you please let me know? Our brick by brick fundraiser fell about $450 short of what we were needing. Bummer!! But the lego house should be here on Friday and we'll post pics of what will be built so far. I guess we will try again to get the rest of the house built! LOL

Ok so send me your ideas- what worked as a great fundraiser for you? We're planning a garage sale and we're praying it's super successful- so if you're in the area and you have stuff we can sell please let me know! We REALLY need to make this successful and then hopefully be able to apply for a matching grant from Lifesong.

Ok so that's all for today! And here are some pics my friend Sherry sent me!! See my sweet boy in the pink hat?? LOVE it!!!

Look at those LONG skinny legs!!! I can't wait to feed him some healthy food!!!




And here's Cole again- he is now 6 and could be transferred at any time- if you're his family- PLEASE step up!! He so wants a family!!!



Blessings to all of you!!!

4 comments:

  1. We wan't him!! So desperately!! My whole family (down to my 4 year old sister) talks about him as if he is OURS! Please please pray for us..we are in the middle of bringing my sister home from B so don't see how it could happen, but at the same time don't understand why God has laid This sweet boy on our hearts. It would take a miracle for him to come home to our family, but we know that if that is what God wants he would move those mountains! We are praying for a family to step up for him...NOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you in my prayers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying to think of something amazing for you...keeping you in my prayers and yes, your boy is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep me posted Renee!! I know you're in the same boat I am!! We have 18K left to go!!!

    ReplyDelete