Saturday, June 25, 2011

Spy Kidz












So this post has nothing to do with adoption, but just this past week. Our church does this AMAZING "VBS" program called Spy Kidz. I put it in quotes cause it is way better then any VBS you have ever been to- I promise. I don't even think you can call it a VBS program. Here's the premise. The children learn about bible characters every year, but they don't just learn about them- they MEET them!! See- in spy kidz the kids go on spy visits- that means that they go to a classroom that has been completely redone into a hideout of sorts I guess- and they meet the bible characters. This year they met Phoebe, Aquilla and Pricilla, Lucia(the roman guard who was there when the earthquake happened and no one escaped), and one other that I can't remember right now. Anyways... the day starts with ground zero- that would be the worship time and they see the skit for the day. Here are a few pics of what ground zero looks like-








So after worship the kids go to their next area- art village, games, field trip, etc. Here are some other random pics from Spy Kidz- including some with my kids in them!

Lucus- the roman guard

Pheobe

Silas

We had prayer before each morning started- praying for protection over each child and that God would be seen in a whole new way!

There are a TON more pics, but I couldn't possibly post them all. Our youth pastor is also an amazing photographer and took all these pics. But if you wanted to see them you can go here

Each day the kids also went on a field trip- the beach, waterpark, a Zoo to you and reptile guy and magician, bowling and carnival day (which is when they have all kinds of jumpies all over the property for the kids to play in). The cool thing about Spy Kidz is that the leaders are all high schoolers. Each grade is broken up into tribes and there are about 15 kids per tribe- each tribe has a leader and 2 helpers. Then each grade has a sherpa above them. Us adults are there to kinda run things smoothly, plan and other jobs. I was blessed to be on the check in team this year. It was a ton of fun to welcome the kids and parents each day. We checked in about 290 kids every day!!! I know!! 290!!!

I think the most wonderful thing about MBC is our childrens ministry. I don't think I have ever been to a church that has a better childrens ministry and I am so glad my kids get to be part of it all. This was Audreys 4th year, Ky's 2nd and Avery's 1st year. They are all looking forward to going back again next year! Thanks Pastor Arol, Julie, Amy, Pastor Jason, Kerri, Jen, Brenda, Kristen, John, and SOOOOO many others who were all on the planning team and leaders of certain areas. It was an amazing week- like usual!!!

So that was my exciting week- how was your week?!

No comments:

Post a Comment