I have been so blessed to know some amazing people who have and are adopting from the same orphanage as we are. Something that is amazing about the adoption community is how connected everyone is and how willing everyone is to help each other. Well I have an amazing friend over there right now- at the orphanage we are adopting from. Her name is Sherry White and you can read up on her journey here.
A while ago I wanted to send something to Pasha to let him know we love him so very much and are always thinking about him. I found out it wasn't likely that it would go to just Pasha, but to his groupa. I asked my friend Sherry if she would bring something to Pasha on her next trip over there and she said yes! So I had the idea of sending over one of the Scentsy buddies. I sell Scentsy and we have these amazing cute soft stuffed animals that smell like our scents. I love this one scent called Lilacs and Violets and warm it in my house quite a bit so I decided to get Pasha a monkey and the lilacs and violets scent pack so when he comes home it will be a familiar smell. I was aware that Pasha probaby wouldn't get the monkey all to himself and he probably wouldn't know it's from us, but that maybe when he got home he would be able to make that connection. They say smell is such a powerful trigger for memories. On top of that Sherry was going to put a picture of us holding the monkey in her son Cole's photo album that he has there so Pasha would see us holding the monkey and kinda make the connection there too. We wouldn't be strangers when we show up.
Well Sherry was able to give the monkey to one of the nannies and let the nanny know it was from us- and the nanny said that since it was from Pasha's mama and papa that Pasha would get to have it! So I got this picture
Sherry- this has blessed me beyond measure!! I am overflowing with happiness that the monkey I hugged and kissed before I mailed it to you is now going to get hugs and kisses from my son on the other side of the world.
Oh my word! I am crying with joy for you! That is a great read!!!
ReplyDeleteJust beautiful, I'm all teared up over here too...
ReplyDeleteI saw her story earlier about leaving the monkey for him and I feel blessed that I was able to see your side too. Yay for monkeys!
ReplyDeleteyep....totally crying.... lol. that adorable little story brought both the chills and the tears....oh man....how awesome, girlfriend! that was such a great idea and it's so awesome how the lord worked out all the little details so that your baby pasha could get his monkey from his mama and papa! love love love it!!!! :)
ReplyDelete