So I heard this on a Sears commercial and LOVED it! "Get your umbrella cause it's raining cold hard truth in here!" Isn't that a great quote? I think so, but maybe I'm on my own there. LOL
So here's whats on my mind- the future of so many orphans- what could have been Pasha's future. I come across strong- it's my personality- sorry! But when I feel really strongly on something- you will probably know about i t! LOL And here is something I feel strongly about- the future of orphans- or lack thereof I guess you can say. I know these children CAN be saved- here is a statistic I hear often- if 7% of self professing Christians took in 1 orphan- there would be no orphan crisis. One I find it kinda non-coincidental that it's 7% since 7 represents the number of completion, but anyways... I would just like to know what stops someone from adopting an orphan- or aiding in the adoption of an orphan. So in case it is a lack of knowledge of where they would spend their life without an adoptive family- I want to rectify that for you. Here is a video of just one of the many mental institution orphans could spend their life at- I plead with you to pray that God would open your eyes and heart, really pray!! And then watch the video
Now that you have seen the video- what is your reaction? Do you wish you never watched it b/c you're sad now? Do you not know where to start or feel overwhelmed at the crisis? All you can do is help one at a time. You can do that in so many ways- you can adopt, you can financially support someone who is, you can be an advocate for these children. So where does that leave you? What are you being led to do, cause I know the answer is nothing. God doesn't say take care of the orphans if you feel like it- he just point blank tells us to. Put your "religion" into action and make a difference- these children will thank you!!! You may never know they thank you, but trust me- they will thank you!!! I pray God will not relent with you until you do what He has called you to do. What an awesome privilege to save a childs life!!
Love to each of you!
It breaks our hearts to see such videos, I should send you the video of the Romaniv orphanage in Ukraine... so amazed and full of joy as a few missionaries taught them the simple tasks of washing their hands... they had never been taught something as simple as that.. oh the smiles on their faces... if the whole world knew, if everyone loved like Jesus loves... what a different place we would live in.. You have a wonderful heart, sweet friend. Thank you for trying to open the eyes of so many... You ARE making a difference.
ReplyDeleteI sent a donation to HisKidsToo after watching the video. So heartbreaking...
ReplyDeleteThank you Becky!! We need to support these amazing ministries!!!
ReplyDelete