So last Wednesday was when we got the news that the country will be closing down adoptions for up to 3 months. Last Wed I was a wreck, but I was pushing through thinking ok our home study should be approved in a matter of days, then we can send that onto USCIS for approval and maybe just maybe we could get our dossier over there by July 7th before they close down. IF we are able to do that maybe we'll get grandfathered in and not have to re do all of our dossier paperwork- wouldn't that be fantastic!!!
Then Friday came and I got an email from our social worker stating that DCFS said they will not even look at our home study until they get notarized letters from all the Dr's that treated me for cancer. Ok- do-able, except that my endocrinologist- the one who has been doing ALL my after cancer care and deemed me as in remission- is out of town till July. OF COURSE SHE IS!!!! UGH. I am a bit frustrated about this since i asked my social worker 3 months ago if I would need these letters and she said no. And now she needs them. Grrr!!!
However- I know the Lord's hand is in this. I don't know WHY we are having to wait longer than we planned, why complications are just now starting to pop up, why I will have to go through the hassle of re-doing all the paperwork, but I do know WHO is in control of it all. So that is what gives me peace. Peace that this will all work out according to God's will and His timing. And so we wait...
Social workers...ugh. So much to say, so little time...but I think ugh sums it up for now. :)
ReplyDeleteI am in the same boat...except we got all our paperwork to U on Monday....
ReplyDeleteBut who knows what will happen now!
Carla
www.bringinghenryhome.blogspot.com